God said, "Clean your floors."


I was sitting in a Spirit-filled room, and the pastor was leading us through meditation of the Word to Psalm 25. It was my first experience with meditation on God's Word. (This is the ONLY type of meditation we should be doing, Christians) During a quiet moment, I asked God, "what do You want to tell me?" And He spoke the word, "Sweep." I was questioning if I heard it right, if that word came from God or from my own mind. So I asked God, "Sweep? What do You mean by that?" And He said, "Clean your floors."

I knew in that moment He meant to go home and clean my floors on hands and knees. I've been avoiding this chore for all of the six years we've been living in this house, and especially in the last three years since having Micah and working through discomfort in my back. I've learned recently though that if we do not feel equipped for the task set before us, we can simply ask God to meet us and help us. And GOD WILL help us! I feel urgency in this task, so today, two days since hearing God speak to me, I began the process of cleaning my floors. I started in the kitchen. I prepped the room, swept the floor, moved furniture, turned on worship music, mixed up some cleaner and essential oils, suited up, and got down on my hands and knees and began to clean each tile individually.

At moments, I sensed God telling me to slow down, ease up, don't push so hard. The tile will get clean with gentle, easy, even strokes. Though it may take longer, this process is necessary. I found myself constantly thanking Him. "Thank You for strength." "Thank You that my back is fine and even healed." (affirmation) "Thank You for clean floors." "Thank You for those five clean tiles." "Thank You that I do not need to worry about how far I have to go, because You're with me and You never leave me." "Thank You for health." I was in a place of worship and gratitude. I've entered this task with expectation to hear from God. He led me here, and I know He has something for me. So I will keep going. I am thankful that I could stop at moments, stand up, look at this banner that hangs on my wall in the kitchen, acknowledge the power of the Lord that I carry inside of me, and get back to work.

As the kitchen floor dries, I am taking this time to reflect so that I can see what God is doing as this unfolds. Refueling my body with healthy, whole foods. Drinking water. Reading Proverbs 31. --- I was feeling such soreness and heaviness in my arms during and after the process of cleaning the kitchen floor, partially because I was at the gym yesterday and also because my arms aren't used to this kind of work at home. As I read through Proverbs 31, I am caught by verse 17, "She equips herself with strength [spiritual, mental, and physical fitness for her God-given task] And makes her arms strong." There is no doubt in my mind, God has a plan for this time. I'm so very thankful.

Comments